Saturday, August 2, 2008

I have been away from a computer for like 10 weeks so it's not my fault i haven't updated. This past week i have been down in santa barbara for a basketball camp which was easily the hardest thing i have ever been too and i am the sorest i have ever been. We had to wake up at 5:30 and didn't get to sleep til midnight. All of the coaches pushed us past our limit everyday. Some of the coaches there were clete adelman, rick adelmans brother who is the coach of the houston rockets, and jeff van gundy's dad who was like a billion years old. We also had Gilbert Arena's shooting coach and then there were a bunch of college and high school coaches working there including my own. It was really cool though because i was on the team that won the entire camp championship. We went 4-0 and won every game by like 30. Me and this kid Jon averaged like 15 pts a game and we became pretty good friends. The last day was the cuthroat tournament which is a crazy 4 on 4 on 4 on 4 kinda game with 16 teams of four that is super hard to explain. I ended up winning that too with my friend marc on my team some kid from france and another kid from cabrillo. The cuthroat thing is a huge deal at that camp and it was awesome winning my first time. There were kids there that had been to that camp and had never even been to the championships. My coach was soooooo happy and proud of marc and i. This snow valley camp is like his life and for two of his players to be the cuthroat champions is a big deal for him. I went to santa cruz the say after camp with my friend Anthony and we stayed in a beach house. I got back today and so now i'm gonna go to sleep for a couple days.

8 comments:

Joy :) said...

Glad to have you back son. I am sure you are tired but that won't stop you from cleaning the bathroom. :)

jodi kay said...

Dang Kenyan, you are the man! How did you get so good. I am so proud of you. Don't forget me when you make it to the pros. I didn't even know you were gone. How sad! Your mom always tells me when you leave to these things. From now on, I expect a text when you leave and when you come back. Got it? By the way, I never even saw you when you came up here. No late night Holiday or Wal Mart runs. What's up with that. I guess you were just to busy for your auntie this time. At least you didn't cry and say you hated it and you wanted to go home right?

Micalanne said...

Congratulations on your win! Hope you get all the sleep you need/deserve!

Katie ☮ said...

your lucky you got to stay with anthony in a beach house. if you make the pros you should meet sasha and then introduce me to him. its good to have u back :)

Jamie said...

DAng KEnyan, you needed that camp though! Since you just sat around for 2 weeks while you were here in UTah.
I bet you were the cutest boy there, were you the tallest?

bphay said...

Way to go Kenyan! We are proud of you too! Aunt Barbie

bphay said...

Way to go Kenyan! We are proud of you too! Aunt Barbie

Dale and Judy said...

Kenyan,
I guess the best way for me learn what exciting things are going on for you is to check your blogg. Grandpa and I enjoyed reading about your basket ball camp. Congratulations on winning the tournament. That is reall great that you won it for the coach for the first time. Wow! I am so glad that no one was injured in your crash. I assume it was the fault of the lady driving the other car?
Take care and know we love you.
I hope that you don't mind we check up your blog.
G & G